Take Five With:
Chris Hipps, Managing Director, CBRE
2016 TREC Programs Chair
- Where is your favorite place in Dallas?
Dallas has many wonderful things to offer. But my favorite place is in my own backyard by the fire, by the pool, grilling out or all three—spring, summer, fall or winter.
- If you had an hour of free time, how would you spend it?
If I find a spare hour, I would jump on my bike for a quick spin around White Rock. If it were on weekend, I would end up at the Ice House after my ride.
- What advice do you have for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry?
It is always helpful to find someone to pattern your career after and seek his or her advice along the way. Mentors can be a great resource.
- What do you enjoy most about working in the commercial real estate business at this time?
I appreciate the variety in my job—both in the types of deals I am involved in and in the people I interact with. The changing landscape is very energizing.
- As TREC’s Programs Chair, what do you hope to accomplish this year?
At TREC my role is to produce programs that help my fellow members learn about our industry and city. This year I am excited to launch three new educational programs – Industry Insights, TREC Webinars and CEO Circle. I hope these new programs will improve our ability to meet the needs of our members by increasing the content available to them.