Take Five With:
Greg Kraus, Managing Director, Invesco Real Estate
2017 TREC Chairman
1. What were your first jobs and what did they teach you?
My first job was at Southland Financial Corporation led by the legendary Ben Carpenter. My boss, David Brune, called me in on my first day and lectured me. The one takeaway, I carry to this day, was his view that personal ego was destructive in business. Setting ego aside allows for clear decision making. He was right.
2. What do you like to do when you’re not at the office?
When is that? Seriously, I enjoy quiet time with my wife, family and friends. Traveling to new places, enjoying great food and wine, art and architecture. Supporting my SMU Mustangs is a constant.
3. What do you enjoy most about working in commercial real estate?
The people and wonderful relationships, first and foremost.
4. What has surprised you most about TREC or your involvement in TREC?
I don’t know that I’ve been surprised by anything. What I’ve been most impressed with is the broad influence wielded by TREC in our community and understanding how TREC is making a difference in so many people’s lives.
5. TREC uses the phrase, “Build the city you’ve imagined.” What is your vision for Dallas as a city of the future?
It starts with inclusiveness. Creating a community in which we all come together in a spirit of building a community that is greater than the sum of its parts.