Take Five With:
Jim Knight, Senior Principal, Stantec
2017 PAC Chair
1. What’s your favorite thing to do in Dallas?
Dinner and cocktails with my wife. Dallas has so many great restaurants and they continue to get better each year. It allows us to relax after a hard day’s work.
2. If you could play a round of golf with three people, who would you invite and why?
DFW residents: (1) George W. Bush – to understand the wisdom required and pressure of being the POTUS, (2) Roger Staubach – One of the most successful businessperson in DFW history, plus a Naval Academy product and Cowboy great, and (3) Jerry Jones – His development of the Cowboy’s brand and achievements in the NFL are second to few.
All time guests: Winston Churchill, Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods.
3. What are the most important decisions that you face daily as a leader in your organization?
Creating a game plan for success for my team members. My job is to help them create success in their own lives. If I can’t help them grow, help their families and subsequently help the community get better, then I have not done my job.
4. What do you value most in your involvement in TREC?
The ability to help the community grow. TREC’s involvement, combined with the input/advice of our membership, will help create a more sustainable DFW for our citizens and children for years to come.
5. As Chair of TREC’s Political Action Committee, what is your number one goal this year for the PAC?
Raise more money. We must increase our fundraising to help the causes that affect our community.