Connect with TREC
By joining and participating in The Real Estate Council, you have unlimited potential to lead the industry, improve the community and propel your career. Most new members get started by attending events, but there are literally hundreds of ways to get involved, and we need you!
Your expertise is a tremendous resource for TREC and the organizations we serve. We invite you to lend a hand on our 2018 committees covering networking, good works and influencing policy. We also need commercial real estate professionals to volunteer their expertise for our community projects. Or you may be ready to apply for ALC or serve on a board. Now is the perfect time to let us know how you would like to participate.
TREC Committees & Programs
Alumni members of our Associate Leadership Council and Executive Leadership Council programs stay connected with their fellow graduates and receive ongoing leadership development, community service and networking opportunities.
- Leadership Alumni members have access to quarterly neighborhood lunches, community service opportunities and additional networking events.
Associate Leadership Council Class of 2019
Professionals between 27 and 37 years old attend leadership development programs, receive personalized training with an executive coaching firm and implement a community service project.
- Applications due in July.
- This 10-month program runs from September 2018 – June 2019.
Committee helps keep members informed by supporting content marketing efforts, social media presence and photography and videography needs.
- Attends February kickoff and receives monthly emails with editorial calendar and opportunities.
Executive Leadership Council
Experienced commercial real estate professionals reach a new level of personal and professional leadership in just five months.
- Applications deadline to be announced.
Committee is responsible for member recruitment and retention, enhancing the membership experience and educating members of the value of membership.
- 2018 Chair: Tom Bakewell, StreetLights Residential
- Meets monthly.
Young professionals are paired with an experienced commercial real estate professional. Mentees and mentors meet regularly to achieve the mentee’s career goals.
- Program runs from February-June 2018.
Committee plans educational opportunities including Speaker Series, Power Hours, Industry Insights, webinars and more. Committee is responsible for producing cutting-edge content, securing sponsorships and table sales.
- 2018 Chair: Mary Stoner Yost, Colliers International
- Meets monthly on Tuesdays at noon.
This is a group of engaged members who volunteer to support programs and events.
- Volunteer training required.
Committee reviews applications, evaluates grant performances and makes funding recommendations to TREC Foundation Board of Directors. The committee also reviews the Research and Development Committee’s findings to determine grantees.
- 2018 Chair: Joe Chu, Thackeray Partners
- Active August – November.
Committee reviews grant applications for measurability in TREC Foundation’s four key initiatives, develops plan to track quantifiable results and monitors the results throughout the year.
- 2018 Chair: Kris Lowe, HFF
- Active August – November.
Professional Services Committee
This committee deploys volunteers for the grantees and professional services projects and provides project management to ensure a return on investment with measurable results.
- 2018 Chair: Lauren Goodman, Invesco Real Estate
- Meets monthly on the second Thursday.
Community Fund Committees & Volunteers
Committee members oversee loan approval and portfolio management of TREC Community Fund.
- 2018 Chair: Diane Chavez, JPMorgan Chase.
- Meets as needed.
Lend your expertise to help TREC Community complete loans. When a volunteer opportunity arises, the Community Fund Manager will share the project description, location, estimated time requirement and area of expertise needed.
- Volunteer opportunities for involvement are emailed out as they arise.
PAC & Public Policy Committees
Political Action Committee
The PAC is crucial to helping us amplify our voices, support candidates and impact policy. PAC membership is open to all TREC members and requires a financial contribution.
- 2018 Chair: Shawn Todd, Todd Interests
- Meets for biannual lobby days, policy briefings, candidate interviews and other programs as scheduled.
Public Policy Committee
Committee leads efforts to research, understand and educate members on current regulations, best practices, and new strategies in public policy that may improve outcomes for the city of Dallas and North Texas. As specific policy issues arise, ad hoc working groups are formed. Existing working group focuses include mobility and affordable housing.
- 2018 Chair: Kevin Bryant, Crow Holdings Capital Partners, L.L.C.
- Meets bimonthly as full committee. Working groups scheduled as needed.
Young Guns Committees
Meet with a small group to discuss business, current trends and local issues while building relationships with Young Guns across a variety of businesses in the industry. Sign up today!
- First round of assignments made mid-February.
Breakfast Group Leader
Organize breakfast among your small group of young professionals, answer questions about TREC and help members get engaged.
- 2018 Chair: Erin Mullen, Bank of Texas
- Orientation required. Check-in meetings as needed.
Casino Night Committee
Committee carries out all details of putting on Casino Night including securing sponsorships and raffle prizes and encouraging ticket sales.
- 2018 Chair: Ryan Umberger, Prologis
- Active January – March.
The committee plans and facilitates the annual event where experts discuss a trending topic in Dallas including selecting a topic, coordinating speakers and securing sponsorships.
- 2018 Membership Chair: Will Daniel, Piedmont Office Realty Trust
- Active March – June. Chair sets meeting times.
Foundation Project Committee
Committee supervises and executes the annual Young Guns Foundation Project. The 2017 project supports the expansion and renovation of the Aberg Center for Literacy.
- 2018 Foundation Project Co-Chairs: Jesse Montgomery, Balfour Beatty Construction, and Benton Smith, Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
Individual Giving Committee
Committee leads efforts to engage fellow Young Guns in raising funds to support TREC Foundation through the I Give! individual giving campaign.
- Meetings as needed.
Committee keeps Young Guns informed of the important issues throughout DISD and provides an avenue for Young Guns to engage in a project to benefit an educational institution.
- 2018 Chair: Lucas Leifeld, Invitation Homes
- Meets as needed.
Committee manages all aspects of Young Guns membership as it pertains to acquiring new members and retaining existing members such as hosting monthly New Member Coffees.
- 2018 Membership Chair: Jackie Dyer, Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr P.C.
- 2018 Membership Engagement Chair: Johnny Begzos, Republic Title of Texas
- Meets monthly.
Political Action Committee (PAC)
Young Guns receive a discounted price for PAC membership.
- 2018 Young Guns PAC Liaison: Ryan Garcia, Austin Commercial
Rising to the Top Committee
The committee plans and facilitates the annual event that provides Young Guns the opportunity to hear advice from leading executives.
- 2018 Chair: Brendan Demuth, Quadrant Capital Partners
- Active August – November. Chair sets meeting times.
Community Engagement Volunteer
Participate in volunteer days on projects that align with our mission and help make a difference in our community.
- As projects arise, you will receive an email with details.
- 2018 Co-Chairs: John Adolph, Wick Phillips, LLP, and Kari Beets, Colliers International
Plan the industry's hottest events and raise funds to positively impact our community.SIGN UP
Special Event Committees
FightNight Raffle Prize Committee
Committee secures donations of raffle prizes and assists FightNight committee with creative tactics for pre-sales and on-site sales.
- 2018 Co-chairs: Josh Hedderich, Paramenter Realty Partners, and Sarah Hinkley, Thirty-Four Commercial
- Active January – April. Attends kickoff meeting and provides updates in conference calls as needed.
FightNight Tables Sales Committee
Committee is responsible for sponsor table sales and assists FightNight committee with a sales plan and prospecting new companies.
- 2018 Co-chairs: Tyler Berns, Frank Dale Construction, and Colin Fitzgibbons, KDC
- Active January – April. Attend kickoff meeting and weekly or biweekly conference calls.
Volunteers serve the night of the event. Positions include greeter, ticket taker, media, raffle team, betting team, betting booth, casino booth, cigar booth and cash room.
- 2017 Chair: Jennifer Moore, Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc.
Giving Gala Table Sales Committee
Committee is responsible for sponsor table sales and assists the Giving Gala committee with a sales plan and prospecting new companies.
- Active July – October. Attend kickoff meeting and weekly or biweekly conference calls.
Giving Gala Volunteer
Volunteers serve the night of the event. Positions include greeter, ticket taker, media and wine pull booth.
- Attends volunteer training prior to the event and helps event night from 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Giving Gala Wine Pull Committee
Committee is responsible for solicitation of wine donations for wine pull.
- Active April – September. Attend kickoff meeting and weekly or biweekly conference
Leadership Committees: Contact Holland Morris
Foundation Committees: Contact Kelcey Hamilton
Community Fund Committees: Contact Maggie J. Parker
Programs Committees: Contact Holland Morris
Membership Committees: Contact Amy Stovall
Young Guns Committees: Contact Amy Stovall
Public Policy Committees & PAC: Contact Holland Morris
Communications Committee: Contact Bill San Antonio
Events Committee: Contact Marcia Ebaugh-Pallán