Real Estate Bootcamp
TREC Community Fund’s Real Estate Bootcamp program is a hands-on, four-part course introducing participants to the real estate development process and equipping them to bring projects to life and build their professional networks of real estate and community development professionals. From determining market feasibility to projecting cash flows and securing financing, participants will have the unique and invaluable experience of learning directly from the development professionals that make up The Real Estate Council’s membership.
Application deadline: Monday, March 9
Scroll to the bottom of this page to begin your application.
Please contact TREC Community Fund Coordinator Kawanise Mims with any questions.
What You Need to Know
- Applicants to the Real Estate Bootcamp may not be active TREC members.
- Participation in the Real Estate Bootcamp program is required for candidates to TREC Community Fund’s 2020 Community-oriented Real Estate (CRE) Accelerator program.
- Applicants must commit to attending each Saturday program day.
- Interested applicants must submit the online application by Monday, March 9.
- Stages of the Development Process: From conception to leasing and re-sale
- Key Players in the Process: What they do and when
- Market Analysis: How to position your project for success
- Site Sustainability Analysis: Finding the right location for your project
- Financial Feasibility Analysis: How to build a budget, project cash flows, and use simple financial models to test your assumptions
- Financing: How to secure the debt and equity investments you need
- March 28, 2020: Introduction to Development
- April 4, 2020: Market and Site Feasibility
- April 18, 2020: Financial Feasibility
- May 2, 2020: Financing and Project Success
*Dates are subject to change. Location TBA.