Real Estate Bootcamp
TREC Community Investors Real Estate Bootcamp program is a five-part virtual course introducing participants to the real estate development process. Our goals for you after taking the class include bringing your own real estate project to life and building your network of real estate and community development professionals. You will learn directly from the development professionals that make up The Real Estate Council’s membership.
Applications for the 2021 Real Estate Bootcamp have closed.
Please contact TREC Community Fund Coordinator Kawanise Mims with any questions.
What You Need to Know
- Applicants to the Real Estate Bootcamp may not be active TREC members.
- Participation in the Real Estate Bootcamp program is required for candidates to TREC Community Fund’s 2021 Community-oriented Real Estate (CRE) Accelerator program.
- Applicants must commit to attending each virtual program.
- Stages of the Development Process: From conception to leasing and re-sale
- Key Players in the Process: What they do and when
- Market Analysis: How to position your project for success
- Site Sustainability Analysis: Finding the right location for your project
- Financial Feasibility Analysis: How to build a budget, project cash flows, and use simple financial models to test your assumptions
- Financing: How to secure the debt and equity investments you need
May 27, 2021: Introduction to Development
June 3, 2021: Market and Site Feasibility
June 8, 2021: Financial Feasibility, Part I
June 15, 2021: Financial Feasibility, Part II
June 22, 2021: Financing and Project Success
*Dates are subject to change.