The Real Estate Council is closely monitoring news and updates about the ongoing COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic, as the health, safety, and well-being of our members remains our greatest priority. In the days, weeks, and months ahead, TREC will monitor local, state, and federal responses to the pandemic and how they impact the commercial real estate industry.
If you have a resource you’d like for us to share, please contact Bill San Antonio.
We encourage all who visit our offices to follow safe practices such as social distancing and/or masking as we work to provide a safe workplace for our members and employees. Please contact your TREC staff liaison for more information.
Returning to Work: What You Need to Know
SMU Brierley Institute for Customer Engagement: Monitoring the Impact of COVID-19 on Shopper Behavior and Retail Rewards Programs
Cushman & Wakefield: Recovery Readiness — A How-To Guide for Reopening Your Workplace
Cushman & Wakefield: The Safe Six Workplace Readiness Essentials
Haynes and Boone: Insurance Recovery and the Corona Effect
Gensler: Design Responds to a Changing World
Colliers International: The Great Return — Making the Workplace Ready
Dallas Innovates: Vari Renovates HQ, Develops New Products in Response to COVID-19
Dallas Morning News: What’s Next for the Workplace After COVID-19?
Fast Company: Offices Will Never Be the Same After COVID-19
G&A Partners: Return to Work Resources
Additional Commercial Real Estate Industry Resources
Grant Thornton: COVID-19 Resource Center (Includes Articles and Webinar)
Deloitte.: Combating COVID-19 With Resilience
Colliers International: 12 Ways to Work Remotely During COVID-19
Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr: Coronavirus Business Response
Winstead PC: COVID-19 Resource Center
Texas Realtors: Information for Landlords Concerning the Lease and COVID-19
Texas Realtors: Information for Tenants Concerning the Lease and COVID-19
Apartment Association of Greater Dallas: Renter Resources
International Council of Shopping Centers: Coronavirus Information & Resources
Building Owners and Managers Association: BOMA International Coronavirus Resource Center
National Multifamily Housing Council: Coronavirus Preparedness for Apartment Firms
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA): 2019 Novel Coronavirus Overview
OHSA Standards: Worker’s Rights and Employer Responsibilities for COVID-19
American Land Title Association (ALTA): Information Regarding Digital Deal Closings
ALTA Spreadsheet: National County Deal Closing Statuses
Squire Patton Boggs: Coronavirus Legal Impact on Businesses
Squire Patton Boggs: Coronavirus Key Employment Law Issues for Employers
How You Can Help
- There are several ways to support The Real Estate Council Foundation’s neighborhood revitalization work in the Forest District as part of the Dallas Catalyst Project. Learn more and donate here.
- One of the simplest ways you can contribute is by shopping with Amazon Smile and selecting TREC Foundation or TREC Community Fund as your organization of choice to donate .5 percent of your purchase of select items.
- You can also directly support our Dallas Catalyst Project partners:
- St. Philip’s School and Community Center has launched an online COVID-19 resource for students and community members and is seeking volunteers for its Aunt Bette’s Food Pantry
- Cornerstone Baptist Church is accepting donations and seeking kitchen items and volunteers
- CitySquare has also created an online COVID-19 resource and is seeking additional volunteers for its facilities
- DISD is seeking volunteers to help distribute packaged meals to students and their families. Register here.
- Dallas Morning News Charities has launched a fundraising campaign to support organizations that aid the hungry and homeless here in North Texas. Learn more about the initiative here and donate here.
- The Communities Foundation of North Texas is accepting donations that will support organizations working with communities most affected by COVID-19/coronavirus. Learn more here.
- The North Texas Food Bank is creating 60,000 family meal boxes each week, employing workers who have lost income as a result of the pandemic, and partnering with other organizations and the City of Dallas. Learn More here.
- You can donate to the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas coronavirus Response and Relief Fund, which will address the immediate and urgent needs of North Texas residents, here.