The Real Estate Council Foundation is the philanthropic arm of The Real Estate Council. We work to strengthen the Dallas community through neighborhood revitalization efforts in education, housing, job creation, and the environment. Since its inception in 1994, The Real Estate Council Foundation has contributed more than $13 million in grant funds to more than 150 nonprofit community organizations supported by pro-bono professional services work from our members and their companies.
Please contact TREC Foundation Coordinator Kennedy Bower with any questions.
Put your time and dollars to work helping others.Give Today!
Apply for Professional Services
Learn how TREC can help your organization.Professional Services
TREC Foundation Committees
Professional Services Committee
This committee deploys TREC members to help manage projects undertaken by the organization’s grant recipients, including the Dallas Catalyst Project and professional services projects, to ensure a return on investment with measurable results. Project managers provide updates and assist with outcomes reports.
- 2019 chair: Lauren Goodman, Invesco Real Estate
The Grants Committee evaluates and reviews grant applications related to the Dallas Catalyst Project and provides recommendations to TREC Foundation’s Board of Directors to assist in funding projects in the Forest District Neighborhood.
- 2019 Chair: Joseph Chu, Thackeray Partners
The Metrics Committee collects data and reports on TREC’s community investment initiatives, including the Dallas Catalyst Project and the Dallas Collaborative for Equitable Development.
- 2019 Chair: Kris Lowe, JLL
Fund Development Committee
This committee is responsible for developing a long-term, sustainable fundraising strategy in support of TREC Foundation and TREC Community Fund initiatives. Committee members identify diversified revenue streams, prospect for donors and partnerships outside of The Real Estate Council’s membership base, and offer guidance on promotional resources.
TREC Foundation Board of Directors
Mike Ablon, PegasusAblon Properties
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CHAIR
- FUNDRAISING CHAIR
Campbell Roche, JLL
- DALLAS CATALYST PROJECT CHAIR
Mike Geisler, Venture Commercial Real Estate, LLC*
- ALC CLASS REPRESENTATIVE
Jaime Kelley, Invesco Real Estate*
- Robert Acuna-Pilgrim, TBG Partners
- Mark Bulmash, The Howard Hughes Corporation
- Michelle Greenstreet, MICLYN Consulting, LLC
- Keenan Kolendo, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Brian Neitzel, Cawley Partners
- Edward Spooner, Turner Construction Company
- Craig Wilson, Cushman & Wakefield
Tommy Mann, Winstead PC
- GRANTS CHAIR
Cathy Janke, Capital One Bank
- FIGHTNIGHT CHAIR
Holt Lunsford (and family), Holt Lunsford Commercial*
- ALC CHAIR 2020
Matt Ballard, CBRE*
- LEADERSHIP ALUMNI REPRESENTATIVE
Jared Rooker, Prescient, Inc.*
- Michael Blackwell, Mill Creek Residential Trust LLC
- Kimberly Byrum, Meyers Research, LLC
- Marshall Hess, MHCI, LLC.
- Stephanie Laughlin, Jacob & Hefner Associates
- Sergio Reyes, US Bank
- Liz Trocchio Smith, The Trocchio Advantage LLC
Brian Heflin, PlainsCapital Bank
- METRICS CHAIR
Blair Oden, CBRE
- GIVING GALA CHAIR
Melissa Eastman, Stewart Title*
- ALC CHAIR 2021
Sarah Hinkley Kennington, Thirty-Four Commercial, Inc.
- YOUNG GUNS REPRESENTATIVE
Johnny Begzos, Republic Title of Texas, Inc.*
- Shane Bowen, CIBC
- Steven Dillon, Balfour Beatty Construction
- Allison Hubbard, GFF
- Lindsay Shae MeGee, Amegy Bank
- Matthew Shem, Hill & Wilkinson
- Jason Weeks, Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC