The Real Estate Council Foundation is the philanthropic arm of The Real Estate Council. We work to strengthen the Dallas community through neighborhood revitalization efforts in education, housing, job creation, and the environment. Since its inception in 1994, The Real Estate Council Foundation has contributed more than $13 million in grant funds to more than 150 nonprofit community organizations and pro-bono professional services work from our members and their companies.
Please contact TREC Foundation Coordinator Kennedy Bower with any questions.
Put your time and dollars to work helping others.Give Today!
Apply for Professional Services
Learn how TREC can help your organization.Professional Services
Professional Services Committee
This committee deploys TREC members to help manage projects undertaken by the organization’s grant recipients, including the Dallas Catalyst Project and professional services projects, to ensure a return on investment with measurable results. Project managers provide updates and assist with outcomes reports.
- 2020 chair: Allison Hubbard, GFF
The Grants Committee evaluates and reviews grant applications related to the Dallas Catalyst Project and provides recommendations to TREC Foundation’s Board of Directors to assist in funding projects in the Forest District Neighborhood.
- 2020 Chair: Cathy Janke, Capital One Bank
The Metrics Committee collects data and reports on TREC’s community investment initiatives, including the Dallas Catalyst Project and the Dallas Collaborative for Equitable Development.
- 2020 Chair: Blair Oden, CBRE
Fund Development Committee
This committee is responsible for developing a long-term, sustainable fundraising strategy in support of TREC Foundation and TREC Community Fund initiatives. Committee members identify diversified revenue streams, prospect for donors and partnerships outside of The Real Estate Council’s membership base, and offer guidance on promotional resources.
- 2020 Chair: Campbell Roche, JLL Capital Markets
TREC Foundation Board of Directors
TREC Foundation Board members identify, evaluate and select philanthropic projects that address a significant community need and align with TREC’s mission.
Mike Ablon, PegasusAblon Properties
Tommy Mann, Winstead PC
Brian Heflin, PlainsCapital Bank
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CHAIR
Allison Hubbard, GFF
- GRANTS CHAIR
Cathy Janke, Capital One Bank
- METRICS CHAIR
Blair Oden, CBRE
- FUNDRAISING CHAIRCampbell Roche, JLL
- FIGHTNIGHT CHAIR
Holt Lunsford (and family), Holt Lunsford Commercial*
- GIVING GALA CHAIR
Melissa Eastman, Stewart Title*
- DALLAS CATALYST PROJECT CHAIR
Mike Geisler, Venture Commercial Real Estate, LLC*
- ALC CHAIR 2020
Matt Ballard, CBRE*
- ALC CHAIR 2021
Sarah Hinkley Kennington, Thirty-Four Commercial, Inc.
- ALC CLASS REPRESENTATIVEJaime Kelley, Invesco Real Estate*
- LEADERSHIP ALUMNI REPRESENTATIVEJared Rooker, Prescient, Inc.*
- YOUNG GUNS REPRESENTATIVE
Johnny Begzos, Republic Title of Texas, Inc.*
- Robert Acuna-Pilgrim, TBG Partners
- Michael Blackwell, Mill Creek Residential Trust LLC
- Shane Bowen, CIBC
- Mark Bulmash
- Kimberly Byrum, Meyers Research, LLC
- Steven Dillon, Balfour Beatty Construction
- Michelle Greenstreet, MICLYN Consulting, LLC
- Marshall Hess, MHCI, LLC.
- Allison Hubbard, GFF
- Keenan Kolendo, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Stephanie Laughlin, Jacob & Hefner Associates
- Matthew Shem, Hill & Wilkinson
- Liz Trocchio Smith, The Trocchio Advantage LLC
- Brian Neitzel, Cawley Partners
- Sergio Reyes, US Bank
- Lindsay Shae MeGee, Amegy Bank
- Edward Spooner, Turner Construction Company
- Jason Weeks, Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
- Craig Wilson, Cushman & Wakefield