Learn Real Estate Basics
Real estate is typically the second largest budget item for a nonprofit organization, making it a high priority for the senior staff and board of directors. Real Estate 101 for Nonprofits is a five-part series of 1.5-hour-long workshops designed to educate nonprofit leaders on the nuances of the real estate development process.
Please contact TREC Community Investment Manager Kawanise Mims with any questions.
Applications for the 2021 Real Estate 101 program have closed.
Real Estate 101 Class of 2020
- Deadline to apply: Friday, July 23, 2021
- Up to two (2) representatives from each organization are eligible to attend the modules. It is preferred that the person(s) attending is a board member or executive-level staff member involved in making real estate-related decisions.
- Organizations that complete all five modules will be recognized on RECouncil.com.
- August 10, 2021: Real Estate Overview — Getting Started and Anticipating “Bumps”
- September 14, 2021: Become a Savvy Tenant, Buyer, or Seller
- October 12, 2021: Managing Zoning and Permitting – Bonus Topic: Receiving Gifts of Real Estate
- November 2, 2021: Lessons Learned From Design and Construction
- December 7, 2021: Pulling It All Together — Source of Funds
*program dates are tentative and subject to change