Learn Real Estate Basics
Real estate is typically the second largest budget item for a nonprofit organization, making it a high priority for the senior staff and board of directors. Presented free of charge, TREC has created a special series of five two-hour workshops focused on the most important real estate issues for nonprofit organizations.
Please contact TREC Community Fund Coordinator Kawanise Mims with any questions.
Real Estate 101 2019
New for 2019
We will allow up to two (2) representatives from each organization to attend the modules. It is preferred that the person(s) attending is a board member or executive-level staff member involved in making real estate-related decisions. Organizations that complete all five modules will be recognized on RECouncil.com.
- Sessions will be from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Location: TREC’s offices, located at 3100 McKinnon Street, No. 1150, Dallas, TX 75201.
- Lunch will be provided.
- August 20, 2019: Real Estate Overview – Planning, Hiring a Broker, Selling and Leasing vs. Owning, and Potential “Bumps”
- September 10, 2019: Being a Savvy Tenant, Buyer or Seller
- October 15, 2019: City Planning & Zoning and Gifts of Real Estate
- November 12, 2019: Design and Construction for Purchasing or Leasing
- December 10, 2019: Pulling It All Together (Finding the Money)