Learn Real Estate Basics
Real estate is typically the second largest budget item for a nonprofit organization, making it a high priority for the senior staff and board of directors. Real Estate 101 for Nonprofits is a five-part series of 1.5-hour-long workshops designed to educate nonprofit leaders on the nuances of the real estate development process.
PLEASE NOTE: We have modified the 2020 course to address the challenges nonprofits are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please contact TREC Community Fund Coordinator Kawanise Mims with any questions.
Real Estate 101 Class of 2020
- Applications will be available beginning July 24, 2020
- Deadline to apply: August 7, 2020
- All 2020 program modules will be held virtually
- Up to two (2) representatives from each organization to attend the modules. It is preferred that the person(s) attending is a board member or executive-level staff member involved in making real estate-related decisions.
- Organizations that complete all five modules will be recognized on RECouncil.com.
- August 18, 2020: Real Estate Overview — During COVID-19
- September 15, 2020: Become a Savvy Tenant, Buyer, or Seller
- October 6 2020: Site Selection, Zoning & Gifts of Real Estate
- November 3, 2020: Design & Construction for Purchasing & Leasing
- December 8, 2020: Open Topic – Wrap-Up of Issues From Previous Classes
*program dates are tentative and subject to change