UPDATE: Friday, March 20 — The Real Estate Council is closely monitoring news and updates about the ongoing COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic and will follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other government authorities, as the health, safety, and well-being of our members remains our greatest priority.
TREC is taking the following precautions:
- We will not hold in-person meetings at our office or elsewhere until at least Thursday, April 30. Board and committee meetings may be held instead via conference call. Details to follow.
- All public TREC events scheduled through Thursday, April 30, have been postponed indefinitely. For questions related to FightNight XXXII, please contact Cale Peterson. Table hosts should expect communication from their Table Sales contact in the coming days.
- A virtual raffle will be held in lieu of our live FightNight raffle. Details to follow.
- The upcoming Real Estate Bootcamp program has been moved to the fall. Details to follow.
What are your companies doing to stay healthy, positive, and productive? Let us know here or via our social media pages.
Click here for news and updates about the ongoing COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
Thursday, March 12 — The Real Estate Council’s senior leadership is closely monitoring news and updates about COVID-19/coronavirus and will continue to consider the advice of local, state, federal, and international health authorities, as the health, safety, and well-being of our members is our top priority.
We are currently offering the following precautions:
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available at all meetings, programs, and events
- Should our members wish to stay away from crowds, we are offering video conferencing for all meetings held at the TREC office
- If a TREC staff member comes in direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 – we will close the office until all staff members have been tested and cleared by a medical professional
We ask our members to follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Guidelines before attending events. Please thoroughly wash your hands, avoid shaking hands and touching your face, and stay home if you are sick, believe you may have been exposed to coronavirus, or have visited China (including Hong Kong), Iran, South Korea, Italy, or Japan in the last 14 days.
At this time, we are continuing to prepare for FightNight XXXII on Thursday, April 23. We recognize the situation is evolving rapidly and have decided to make a final decision on the status of the event on Monday, April 6. TREC’s leadership is considering all alternatives and will make the decision that best protects our members and guests.
FightNight is The Real Estate Council Foundation’s largest fundraising event each year and its proceeds are crucial to the success of our good works in the Dallas community. In recent years, the Foundation’s work through the Dallas Catalyst Project has funded more than $2 million toward capital projects focused on revitalizing the Forest District neighborhood in South Dallas, creating jobs, supporting education, and improving the community’s access to vital services and resources. However, we will do everything necessary to protect everyone’s health and safety.