You’ve met our TREC Shark Tank finalist teams and learned more about presenting sponsor NexBank as well as the ins and outs of The Real Estate Council Community Fund. Now it’s time to meet the sharks.
Each shark is a well-known commercial real estate investor in Dallas who has pledged to invest $500,000 of their own money in one or more projects during Thursday’s event.
Here are the sharks our finalists will pitch to onstage at Gilley’s:
- Tillie Galan Borchers, director of investments at Civitas Capital Group: Borchers is responsible for originating and underwriting investments for the GrowSouth Fund and other Civitas-managed funds. She is also active with TREC Community Fund in helping organize its educational events.
- Bill Cawley, chief executive officer of Cawley Partners: During his career, Cawley has owned all classes of commercial real estate in markets across the country. Recognized in 2017 by D CEO Magazine as one of the most influential business leaders in DFW, Cawley has acquired and developed more than 12 million square feet of commercial office product. Cawley Partners is also a company member of The Real Estate Council.
- Michael W. Dardick, founding partner and chief executive officer of Granite Properties, Inc.: A past chairman and board member of The Real Estate Council still active with the member organization today, Dardick is active with a variety of organizations in the Dallas community and within the commercial real estate industry. Since 1991, Granite Properties has acquired or developed more than 25 million square feet of commercial real estate worth more than $6 billion.
- Craig Hall, chairman and founder of HALL Group: One of The Real Estate Council’s earliest board members, Hall founded HALL Group in 1968 and has grown its entities to include HALL Park, HALL Arts and HALL Structured Finance in Dallas as well as the California-based HALL and WALT Wines. Throughout his career, Hall has actively supported new ventures and startups in the community while contributing time and resources to support causes with an emphasis on art, education and entrepreneurship. Kim Butler, who leads all leasing efforts with HALL Group, serves on The Real Estate Council’s board.
- Frank Mihalopoulos, owner and president of Corinth Properties: An active board member of The Real Estate Council and former chairman of its political action committee, Mihalopoulos has more 37 years of experience in real estate investments and development of commercial retail and office properties throughout the country. With Mihalopoulos at the helm, Corinth strives to pursue projects that create purpose, value and benefits to their communities in an environmentally conscientious manner.