On this episode of TRECcast, we’re kicking off our “Technology of Placemaking” series! Over the next two weeks, we’ll be interviewing the panelists from our April 3 Bank of Texas Speaker Series: The Technology of Placemaking about the rise of tech in building management, from coworking spaces and efficient IT support and internet connectivity, to one-stop-shop services for tenant and building needs, and how big data fits into the future of commercial real estate.
Our first interview is with Elie Finegold, a venture advisor to Metaprop and our “Technology of Placemaking” moderator! Finegold opened the luncheon with a presentation on his concept of “transportation as a service,” from his paper, “Our Frictionless Future.” We chat about how transportation is evolving and the impact it will continue to have on how companies do business.
You can read Finegold’s paper, “Our Frictionless Future,” here.
Here’s the schedule for our “Technology of Placemaking” interviews:
- April 17: Industrious National Launch Manager Leah Alexander
- April 19: WiredScore founder and CEO Arie Barendrecht
- April 22: Equiem CEO Gabrielle McMillan
- April 24: Eden Founder and CEO Joe Du Bey
Listen to previous TRECcast episodes here.
- Join us at Belo Mansion on May 14 for our first Market Matters breakfast of the year on the future of retail. We’ve got two panel discussions lined up about repurposing existing retail buildings and how the retail sector will evolve in the years to come.
- Our next TREC Talk will take place at our offices (3100 McKinnon Street, suite 1150, in Dallas) on Tuesday, May 7, at 5:00 p.m. We’re welcoming DART board members Jon-Bertrell Killen, Dominique Torres, and Patrick Kennedy for an informal happy hour, where they will share their priorities and answer questions from guests. This event is open to all members but is free for PAC members.
- If you haven’t gotten your FightNight XXXI tickets yet, you’re running out of time! Tables are sold out, but a few individual tickets remain! Be sure to get your FightNight raffle tickets, while supplies last!