Apply for Support
The Real Estate Council Foundation supports organizations providing critical services to help others in the areas of housing, education, jobs and the environment. If your organization needs assistance, read on to learn about our two channels of support for Dallas nonprofits – the Dallas Catalyst Project and Professional Services.
Dallas Catalyst Project
This year, we’re proud to introduce a powerful $1 million grant called the Dallas Catalyst Project designed to Ignite Positive Community Change. This new multi-year grant will combine the efforts of several partnering nonprofits to tackle a significant challenge within a defined geographic area.
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2017.
What We’re Looking For:
- Collaboration: Nonprofits who combine forces to achieve the goals of the proposed project(s) (You do NOT have to create a new organization to collaborate with other organizations.)
- Defined Location: Address a significant challenge within a specific geographic location or neighborhood within the City of Dallas
- Real Estate Related: Include a real estate component
- Fit in Focus Areas: Address one or more of our focus areas: Housing, Jobs, Education and the Environment
- Measurable Impact: A clearly defined strategy to create a positive, sustainable impact
- Three-Year Timeline: Execution is completed over a three-year period
- Volunteer Opportunities: Ability to engage TREC members through volunteer opportunities and professional services (e.g., architecture, engineering, planning, legal)
The Application Process
- Submit the RFP by 5 p.m. on June 15, 2017
- TREC Foundation approves RFP responses on a rolling basis through July 15, 2017
- Approved organizations submit a full application by 5 p.m. on September 11, 2017
- Finalist organizations participate in due diligence review by TREC members and make a formal presentation by November 1, 2017
- The selected project will be notified in December 2017
- Public announcement and funds accessible in January 2018
When nonprofit organizations need real estate expertise, TREC offers pro bono services including architecture, brokerage, legal, civil engineering, construction, development, due diligence and environmental expertise.